Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Talkin' Tunes with Cherie...

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://www.backwash.com/content.php?jouid=8383

    Talkin' Tunes:
    A quickie interview with Cherie by "Casetta". Enjoy! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    After reading Cherie's interview I took about 4 or 5 minutes and took the "How much of a music nerd are" survey below it and scored an 83%

  3. #3
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's always nice to hear from Cherie!

  4. #4
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Question - You once played in a band that sounded like?

    Answer - What? My bands never sounded like anybody but us.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good answer Cherie! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    Hey, thinks for the lank rocketmaster!
    Oops, I mean, thanks for the link rocketmaster!

    I enjoyed reading this interview with the one and only Cherie Currie!

    Her fan,
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  5. #5
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    I read the quickie interview with Cherie. Interesting that one of her first records was "Go All the Way" by the Raspberries. Joan Jett bought her Gibson Melodymaker from Eric Amble of the Strawberries.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Jade Stone 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2003
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Iowa Farmboy:
    I read the quickie interview with Cherie. Interesting that one of her first records was "Go All the Way" by the Raspberries. Joan Jett bought her Gibson Melodymaker from Eric Amble of the Strawberries.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Looks the FATE was in the making!!

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    Yerp and I've got two kinds of berries goin' in that post. It should read Raspberries at the bottom where I put in strawberries. I'm berry confused. And JJ still uses that old guitar on just about every tour date. This is a little off topic for a CC site, but when Joan was campaigning in Des Moines, Iowa (home for me), some yo yo from the Young Republicans party was sceaming "Four more years" and jumped on stage to disrupt Joan's song. He made the mistake of touching that old Gibson gee-tar. Good thing the security staff grabbed the guy quick and shoved him out the door. Joan was going for his throat. It made the local news in Iowa and I think a couple national TV stations had a quick take of the incident. Kinda humorous. Most entertainers have bodyguards to protect them from the crowd. In this guy's case, he's lucky they were there to protect him from Joan. [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Jade Stone 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2003
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Iowa Farmboy:
    Yerp and I've got two kinds of berries goin' in that post. It should read Raspberries at the bottom where I put in strawberries. I'm berry confused. And JJ still uses that old guitar on just about every tour date. This is a little off topic for a CC site, but when Joan was campaigning in Des Moines, Iowa (home for me), some yo yo from the Young Republicans party was sceaming "Four more years" and jumped on stage to disrupt Joan's song. He made the mistake of touching that old Gibson gee-tar. Good thing the security staff grabbed the guy quick and shoved him out the door. Joan was going for his throat. It made the local news in Iowa and I think a couple national TV stations had a quick take of the incident. Kinda humorous. Most entertainers have bodyguards to protect them from the crowd. In this guy's case, he's lucky they were there to protect him from Joan. [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I`m the SAME way..


    Touch MY guitar & DIE!!!!!!!!

  9. #9
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    Anybody that knows anything about JJ is :NEVER-EVER ! Touch her old guitar. I heard she sleeps with it.
    So, ya play anything particular on the axe ? I do the usual rock and blues. I have a Cort M series and a Telecaster. And, no, I don't sleep with mine. I could cause damage to some part of my bod I may need at a later date. Those steel strings can bite, ya know.

  10. #10
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    When I heard about that incident with those ******* young republicans it made me proud to be a Runaways fan!
    My guitar (Old Betsy) is untouchable too. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
    So we are all pickers and grinners eh? How awesome is that.
    Do either of you write your own songs? That is where it's at for mwah!
    More accustic usually but I do go electric from time to time!
    Gibson Man!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic